Many projects are underway or being planned in various areas. These include the following:
- “Fruit project”-using windfall apples and pears to make juice. The proceeds are then used to support local causes.
- “Give or take days” – literally giving away unwanted items to others. Save waste!
- “Repair cafes” – people so often throw away faulty items when a simple repair may be possible.
- “Morsbags” project. Unwanted fabrics are converted into carrier bags, preventing waste and cutting down on the use of plastic bags.
- Recyling items not covered by the District Council. These include cat pouches, crisp packets, cosmetic items and dental products.
- Thermal camera. Have your home rated for thermal efficiency free of charge. Establish how best to save on heating costs.